Studies and Experience:
- B.A. (hons) in Constructed Textiles at Winchester School of Art, UK 1989-92.
- M.A. in Woven Textile Art and Design at the Royal College of Art, UK 1992-94.
- QEST Scholarship for Excellence in Craft, London UK 2000.
- Textile Designer, London, Italy, New York, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Bali, China, 1994-2001.
- Homeschool Teacher & Mother, France, 2008-18.
- Foundation in Bushcraft and Wild Food Preparation with Bushcraft Expeditions, Dorset, UK, 2011.
- Long-listed for the National Poetry Competition, UK, 2011.
- Foundation in Shamanism at the Scandinavian Centre for Shamanic Studies, London, 2013.
- Signs & Omens with Romani Gypsy Chovihano Patrick Jasper Lee, Wales, 2014.
- Nature Writing with Paul Kingsnorth and Mark Cocker at Lumb Bank Arvon Centre, Hebden Bridge, UK, 2015.
- Shortlisted for the Bridport Prize, UK, 2016.
- Bardic Grade of the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids, UK (online), 2016-20.
- Kamana 1 at the Wilderness Awareness School & Advanced Bird Language with Jon Young, US, (both online), 2017-18.
- Somatic Descent & Heart Awakening with Reggie Ray, US (online), 2019-21.
- Cybertracker I Qualification with John Rhyder at the Woodcraft School, W. Sussex, UK. 2019.
- Trust Technique with James French, UK (online), 2020.
- Foundation in Focusing with Fiona Parr, UK (online), 2020.
- Intuitive Animal Communication with Susie Shiner & Joanne Yeoh, UK (online), 2020.
- Living in the Gift with Charles Eisenstein, US (online) 2020.
- Intuitive Mentoring Development with Claire Walker, UK (online), 2020-ongoing.
- Kamana 1I at the Wilderness Awareness School, US, (online), 2021-ongoing.
Interspecies empath, artist, crafter, writer, nature awareness mentor, tracker and wild guide helping humans to strengthen their intuitive understanding and connection with wild animals, birds and plants.
I offer online nature awareness mentoring through an Our Wild Guides course and community and also provide intuitive interspecies communications with wild animals in captivity. In addition, I am working to advance the legal rights and ‘personhood’ of nature by setting up dialogues with environmental agencies, charities and ethical law firms to give animals who need to speak out about the situation they find themselves in, a voice.
As I am sure is true with many other people, the most important lessons I have learnt have been from the informal ‘studies’ that have been ongoing for most of my life. I received the most incredible teachings from my two daughters, whom I homeschooled for ten years from 2008 to 2018. My nature mentoring teeth were certainly cut during those years spent playing in the woods with them.
Before that magical time, I had the greatest fortune to study textile art and design, when I had the chance to mix with the most creative and open-minded people who all helped me to understand the power of my connection with Art and the ability to express myself through this wonderfully healing medium.
In addition, I studied nature writing and poetry from 2011 to 2019, producing a pamphlet and publishing several poems in literary journals such as Magma and Alterity. My greatest joy however is creative journalling, which I have done since I was 12 years old.
Pre-dating that time, Nature was my greatest teacher; I have been learning directly from her since I was very small: climbing trees, collecting frog spawn and snails, searching for and dissecting owl pellets, bat-detecting, making plaster casts of tracks and drawing in my notebooks the insects I found (to name but a few things I was completely absorbed with during my youth).
My connection with the ‘inner’ world has also been very strong throughout my life, especially in my teenage years; When I was 12, I held my first séance for my rabbit who had passed over and continued to be advised by all kinds of animals, birds and plants ever since. You can read about my own animal guide here. In recent years, as my intuitive practice has become a serious occupation, learning from Nature herself has been the most incredible and humbling experience.
I am truly grateful to all of my teachers: human, animal, plant and spirit alike for their generous gifts and for making me the person I am today. I feel incredibly privileged to be living the heart-centred and sacred life I do on this, our Mother Earth, thank you x